Special Commission on Correctional Funding
Friday, March 5, 2021, 1pm – until no later than 5pm
Meeting held via Zoom. Recording available here.
- Introduction of Commissioners
- Approval of Minutes from 2/5/21
- Update from NIC
- Presentation from Executive Director of MA Sheriff’s Association, Carrie Hill
- Set next meeting date(s)
- Public Testimony
Please note, the Commission will accept oral testimony from members of the public on all aspects of the Commission’s work plan. The following principles will guide this portion of the meeting:
- Testimony relating to mental health and substance use disorder programs is particularly encouraged.
- The meeting will take place over Zoom and members of the public will be recognized by exercising the “raise hand” function on Zoom and will be recognized in the order in which they raise their hands.
- The meeting will end no later than 5PM.
- The chairs reserve the right to limit the amount of time allocated to each person testifying so as to assure that all who have raised their hands at the start of the testimony period can be recognized before 5PM.
- The Commission will also accept written testimony from members of the public.